There are many wonderful prayers and devotions. Here, we list just the most important. We want to emphasize praying with the heart which renders the prayer more pleasing to God.
The Holy Mass
The absolutely highest form of prayer is the Holy Mass – the re-enactment of Jesus’ Sacrifice on Calvary. No other prayer can equal this most beautiful, powerful prayer on earth. A good article on Mass can be found in this website under “Articles” on the menu bar:
|Entering into the Spirit of the Holy Mass
It is a privilege and honour to attend a Mass! Let us attend Mass daily and with great devotion!
The Rosary is an all-time favourite prayer of Catholics, old and young, attesting to its efficacy and power. In recent times, our Blessed Mother Mary has appeared in various parts of the world and requested for the recitation of the rosary, the prayer She gave to the world centuries ago. The Rosary is a beautiful, meaningful and powerful prayer as it is a meditation of the key events in the life of Her Son, Jesus through the Heart of Mary.
Many websites teach how to pray the rosary. E.g.:
Let us consecrate ourselves to our Blessed Mother daily and pray at least one rosary a day for Her powerful protection and intercession!
|The 15 Promises of Mary to those who Recite the Rosary
The Divine Mercy Chaplet
This prayer was given by Jesus to St. Faustina. He attaches extraordinary promises to its recitation:
• Encourage souls to say the Chaplet which I have given you (Diary, 1541). Whoever will recite it will receive great mercy at the hour of death (Diary, 687).
• When they say this Chaplet in the presence of the dying, I will stand between My Father and the dying, not as the just Judge but as the merciful Saviour (Diary, 1541).
• Priests will recommend it to sinners as their last hope of salvation. Even if there were a sinner most hardened, if he were to recite this Chaplet only once, he would receive grace from My infinite mercy (Diary, 687).
• I desire to grant unimaginable graces to those souls who trust in My mercy (Diary, 687).
• Through the Chaplet you will obtain everything, if what you ask for is compatible with My will. (Diary, 1731).
Many websites teach how to pray Chaplet of Divine Mercy. E.g.:
Devotion to Precious Blood
The prayers on devotion to the Precious Blood are written, edited and compiled by
The Adorers of the Precious Blood (www.preciousbloodinternational.com/prayers.phpl) into a book, “Devotion to the Most Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ” with:
Rev. Fr. Stephen Obiukwu
Chairman, Doctrine and Faith Committee
Archdiocese of Onitsha, Anambra State, Nigeria
1 July 1999